Can you believe summer break is coming to an end? Its went by incredibly fast but this mommy is counting down the days, I’ve even already finished our back to school shopping. While wondering aimlessly around the isle’s of Walmart marking off our school supply list, I couldn’t help but think about the supplies we use at home to protect our family and make school life a little bit easier.
I can’t keep all of this goodness to myself so, let me tell you my Top 5 essential Oils you NEED for back to school. Grab your supply list and mark these down.
Before I begin let me say that quality is everything- you wont be finding certified therapeutic grade essential oils at your local stores. All of these suggestions are based on essential oils that are pure, free of synthetics, fillers and containment’s. If you would like to learn more about doterra essential oils click here.
- On Guard– This blend of essential oils is also known as the Protective Blend, it includes Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Leaf/Stem and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils. Christmas in a bottle is what I refer to this warm and spicy smelling oil blend, but this blend does more than smell good- its packs a big immune system punch. When our kids are in school its inevitable that they will be passing around germs like crazy so you’ll pull out this oil for all things immune support. Apply into hands and inhale deeply before school/work, Diffuse after school for an immune boost and to cleanse the air, supports healthy respiratory function and the body’s natural antioxidant defenses.
- Elevation– This blend is our go-to for providing us with feelings of happiness, confidence and self-worth in the mornings while we get ready for our day. Lavandin Flower, Lavender Flower, Hawaiian Sandalwood, Tangerine Peel, Melissa Flower, Ylang Ylang Flower, Elemi Resin, Osmanthus Flower, and Lemon Myrtle Leaf essential oils make up this floral/sweet/citrus blend. We love the energy boost it provides to start us out in a joyful mood.
- Melaleuca– This oil, also known as Tea Tree Oil is an essential oil must have for back to school. Every parents worst nightmare is to get that dreaded call from the school letting you know your child has lice. Not today Satan, not today. Prevention is key and its super simple to make a DIY spray for your children’s hair, and you can even add a few drops to their shampoo.
- Balance– Do you have a child that suffers from anxious feelings, or needs help relaxing and staying calm during the day? If so, then this blend is for you. The Grounding Blend is comprised of Spruce Needle/Leaf, Ho Wood, Frankincense Resin, Blue Tansy Flower, and Blue Chamomile Flower in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. Add to your child’s wrist, over the heart and behind neck before school, another option is to add a few drops onto diffuser jewelry for long lasting benefits during the school day.
- Serenity– No matter how much we pray, beg or plead our children wont wake up happy go lucky and ready to tackle the day if they aren’t getting a good nights rest. We obliviously want our little ones to wake up refreshed and well rested, and this Restful Blend should make bedtime much easier. Combining Lavender Flower, Sweet Marjoram Leaf, Roman Chamomile Flower, Ylang Ylang Flower, Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oils plus Vanilla Bean absolute provides our kids (and us) a calming fragrance that promotes feelings of relaxation, decreases stress and helps provide us with a restful sleeping environment.