Make Over Your Cleaning Routine
Safe, Natural and Effective Cleaning with Essential Oils.
Why toxic-free cleaners?
- Safe for you and your whole family. Many of the household cleaners out there contain many toxic chemicals. These chemicals may cause short and long-term health problems.
- Our children are often more vulnerable to the chemical exposures present in these cleaners, and certain chemicals may interfere with the development of their neurological, endocrine and immune systems. Younger children have higher respiratory rates than adults so when the air in our homes are contaminated, they experience a higher inhaled dose. (Source)
- According to the United States Environmental Health Agency, the air inside a typical home is 200-500% more polluted than outside air mainly due to toxic household cleaning products.
- Making your own household cleaners is very affordable.
- Toxic-Free, Green Cleaners are HIGHLY effective. Pub Med has done many research projects on, On Guard and many other essential oils. (Source)
- Using toxic-free cleaners are more environmentally friendly.
- There are no legal requirements for ingredient labeling on our household cleaning products. As a result, consumers have little to no access to what chemicals may be lurking in our products thus making it difficult to know- and avoid the harmful stuff.
When it comes to essential oils, not all oils are created equally. There are currently NO government standards in the essential oil industry- this allows any company to throw anything in a bottle and label it ‘pure’ and sell it.
This is where doTERRA is different- they strive to ensure they are selling a high quality, pure and potent product. DoTERRA has created its own testing process called CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade), the process certifies that there are NO added fillers, synthetic ingredients, or harmful contaminants in the oils that would affect their efficacy. DoTERRA uses their own facilities AND trusted third-party labs and puts all of their products and even their packaging through a battery of tests to ensure a long and effective shelf life. The extra steps in testing ensures potency, purity and consistency batch to batch. You can even check the lap results on each bottle of oil! (www.sourcetoyou.com)
DoTERRA is a company full of integrity and strives to have a superior product, but doTERRA also does so many things around the globe. They source their oils in the plants native countries (over 40 countries, many of which are considered developing nations) and with the Co-Impact Sourcing initiative they provide growers, harvesters and distillers with sustainable jobs, fair wages, on time payments and resources to create their own co-ops within their villages/communities.
DoTERRA also has a wonderful non-profit organization known as the Healing Hands Foundation- it provides funding and resources to improve lives in the larger communities where our oils are sourced. These projects have included building or sponsoring existing medical clinics, installing drinking water and irrigation systems, building schools and providing other educational resources.
Learn more about doterra here.
Basics for Making Green Cleaners:
- Baking Soda- Absorbs and eliminates odors.
- White Vinegar- Contains natural antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also cuts grease and dissolves mineral deposits.
- Castile Soap- Lifts dirt, cuts grease, and removes stains.
- Salt-Salt is a safe and effective scouring agent. Helps remove tough stains and can help remove build up in drain pipes.
- DoTERRA’s Fractionated Coconut Oil, Almond Oil or Olive Oil- A wonderful natural cleaner and polisher, safe for leather and wood.
Best Essential Oils for Cleaning:
- Lemon– This oil has such a clean and fresh scent, its smell uplifts the mood and purify’s the air in our homes. Lemon is also commonly used to cut through grease, remove tough stains, and acts as an all-natural Goo Gone- removing stuck on labels and stickers.
- Wild Orange– This oil is undoubtedly one of my favorite smelling oils. Like Lemon, it is also a wonderful degreasing agent. Wild orange is also wonderful for cleansing and purifying surfaces, and diffused to freshen the air and uplift mood.
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree)– This amazing oil can help fight germs and bacteria- use it in homemade cleaning wipes, hand soaps, shower sprays and more. Melaleuca is also commonly used to repeal pests, such as lice.
- Peppermint– This oil has a cool and energizing scent, diffuse with Wild Orange to freshen the air and give you a nice boost of energy. With its germ-destroying properties, Peppermint is perfect for adding into your homemade spray cleaners and its also wonderful for deterring ants and spiders- with spring right around the corner this is a must have.
- Purify Cleansing Blend– This blend has a combo of Citrus and Pine oils that purify and eradicate odors in a natural and safe way. Purify is great to spray in stinky shoes, garbage cans, toilets, and can also be used in the diffuser as an air freshener.
- On Guard Protective Blend– This powerhouse blend of essential oils has germ-busting properties which makes it perfect to use as a natural cleanser. On Guard has a warm and spicy scent which makes for a wonderful diffusing oil- it makes the home feel cozy and inviting while also boosting your immunity.
- On Guard Cleaner Concentrate– This cleaner is packed with the powerful oils of the On Guard Blend and combines plant-based derivatives that provide a non-toxic and biodegradable way to clean and eliminate odors. This concentrate can be used as a surface cleaner, stain remover, dish soap and more PLUS it’s so affordable- each bottle of concentrate will fill 18, 16oz bottles and at the wholesale price of $14.50 that makes a bottle of clean cost less than .80!
Are you ready to trash your toxic store bought chemical cleaners? I can help you on your journey to a more plant-based, toxic free home: